Tuesday, August 21, 2018

29

29 years old. 

If you had told me that when I turned 29 I would be

*Divorced
*Mom of a beautiful 4 year old girl
*College student (for the second time)
*Resident of North Carolina

I would have definitely told you that you were a little crazy. I never pictured myself living anywhere other than Utah. When I graduated from UVU in May 2012, I honestly thought that was the last time I would step foot on a college campus as a student. Divorced? I never in a million years pictured myself single at 29. However, my divorce was finalized April 30. So this year as I turn 29 I am starting out completely fresh. A brand new beginning. A new chapter to my own story. The past couple of years has been a crazy roller coaster. It has been tolling on me both emotionally and physically. But, I have come out stronger and have learned so many lessons. For the first time I feel like I have had a physical burden lifted off my shoulders. I can honestly say that I am starting realize that I AM going to be ok. I look back at this past year and I am completely overwhelmed at how much I have been truly blessed and watched over. I don't know what your opinion about angels are, but I honestly believe God has sent individuals into our lives, at the right time and right moment to bless us. I think we have angels in our daily lives who bless us daily, and then there are angels who we might never meet. I also know that I have had angels in Heaven who have been watching out and caring for me. I have truly been blessed.

*I have had friends and family support me, love me, and listen to me
*Meals provided for me
*There have been so many times at work where I have had a partner or co-worker take time and check on me. There have been many shifts where I didn't think I was going to make it through the 12 hours, but I had a wonderful partner who did the work for the two of us. 
*I can't even begin to thank everyone who has helped me take care of Kenedee. There are so many people who have stayed the night with Kenedee while I work, watch her during the day, pick her up for me, feed her, buy her gifts, provide clothes for her, and most of all just love that little girl
*I have had many unexpected moments where I have had assistance with my finances
*There were times where my friends came and took me out, giving me a break from the chaos. 
*Phone calls, text messages, letters(yes people still write those), e-mails, and notes from friends, family, and sometimes even people I barely know.


So for the first time in a long time I am excited about my birthday. I am excited to see what 29 is going to bring. I can't wait for the adventures that I will go on with Kenedee and I am so excited to push myself closer to my goal of nursing school. I am excited to live in the moment and enjoy my precious time I have with Kenedee. I am excited to continue to work on myself; physically, mentally, and spiritually.


*Yes I realize my birthday was in May...just a little late posting this :) 


2 comments:

  1. Your are definitely the strong and silent type. Your personality is amazing. I admire you. Everything I've read from time to time was touching and impressive. You'll do great hun keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing Rachel. You will always have a special place in my heart!

    ReplyDelete