Congratulations!
Today is your day!
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!
Ever since you were a baby I was always looking ahead at the next milestone. It started out with a first smile, first laugh, watching you roll for the first time, taking your first steps, or anxiously anticipating your first Christmas or first birthday. Over the first few years of your life I watched you take in the world around you. You learned how to use your arms, hands, fingers and legs. I watched you learn how to make others laugh. I watched you learn how to make different sounds that eventually turned into words and now you have a vocabulary full of hundreds of words. Your speech is so clear and you have learned that your voice can hold a lot of power. You know how to show compassion and give compliments. You also know that you can make that little voice very loud and use it to express your anger or frustration.
I have looked forward to every milestone with excitement and joy. However, this is the one milestone I have dreaded and feared. For the first 5 years and 9 months of your life, you were all mine. I was the first person to feel your heartbeat and kiss your soft cheeks. I have been there to kiss away your bumps and bruises when you've fallen or been there to hold your hand as you try something new. But today is different. Today I send you off on a new adventure, one where I won't be able to be there all the time. But, I promise baby girl I will be there before you go to school to remind you that you are beautiful, courageous, and strong! I also promise to be there when you get out of school. I want to hear all about the things you have learned, the friends you have made, and even the times when you felt sad, lonely, or angry. I want you to know that I will think about you while you are gone and that I will ALWAYS be your biggest cheerleader. I also want you to know that sometimes you are going to feel lonely or sad, but I want you to know baby girl that you have the biggest tribe standing behind you. There are so many people who love you and would do anything for you. I can't believe that at just 5 years old how much sunshine you have brought into so many people's lives. I know that these people would drop anything and everything to stand by your side.
I could go on and on about all the wishes and dreams I have for you. But, I think the most important thing for you to remember as you start school is that you are the only Kenedee Alexandria Dixon. You are one of God's little angels and no one can change that. I might not always be there to hold your hand, but you are always being protected and watched over.
I could go on and on about all the wishes and dreams I have for you. But, I think the most important thing for you to remember as you start school is that you are the only Kenedee Alexandria Dixon. You are one of God's little angels and no one can change that. I might not always be there to hold your hand, but you are always being protected and watched over.
I love you always and forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment