Friday, March 23, 2018

February



February was a little rough around here. But the best part is that it is over and we both survived! Kenedee was with her dad on Valentine's day and I of course didn't have a man/date/friend/paid escort for Valentine's day. Hahaha just kidding, it really wasn't that bad! Growing up my parents were so great to show me that Valentine's day isn't just about couples. They made sure to show my sister and I how much they loved us. I have always wanted to share that with Kenedee and make sure to teach her that it is important to tell those around us how much we love them! I may not have had a Valentine's day date but I was incredibly blessed. I received a sweet package from home with lots of homemade goodies. Then the following Saturday morning I woke up to the sweetest surprise, Kenedee bought me chocolates, flowers, and a sweet card(Thank you Gigi). Having that sweet angel wrap her little perfect arms around my neck is better than any gift.



February 17 marked the year anniversary since our separation. In North Carolina the law states that a couple must be separated for a year before you are able to file for divorce. So on February 17, I was able to file for divorce. It has been a long hard year and I know that the custody battle is just beginning, but I feel like there has been a huge burden lifted from my shoulders the day I signed those papers. I would never wish this on anyone. Growing up I heard that divorce was ugly, and that is definitely the perfect word to describe this whole process. This past year has been full of ups and downs, moments that seemed to drag on and on and weeks that seemed to fly by. I felt like my world was turned upside down last February, but I finally feel like this February I am learning to stand on my own two feet and finally get ahold of my world and put things together. Sometimes I feel like I am trying to put together the world's hardest puzzle and I am not able to see the final picture, I just have to have faith that the small pieces I put together will eventually one day make something beautiful.



In one of my sessions with my therapist, she talked about gratitude and how important it is to focus on the good things in life. It is so incredibly easy to let all the negativity in our lives take over and swallow us whole, but we need to focus on those small things that are good in our lives. I am definitely working on that. :)


February
-We went to Baby Josey's first birthday party!
-We made cookies and climbed trees with our friends
-Kenedee sent Valentine's day cards to all her best friends(Thank you Gigi!)
-We had a fun play date at McDonald's! 
-We found out my sister is having a baby girl!
-I helped in Kenedee's preschool class with their Valentine's day party. It was so much fun to hang out with Kenedee and her cute classmates. 








No comments:

Post a Comment