Thursday, December 28, 2017

*2018*

I absolutely love setting goals. I am kind of a nerd when it comes to that stuff. I love New Year's, Mondays, planners, setting goals, and making plans. I just have a small problem with the follow through. In years past I have set the typical New Year's resolutions. Lose 100 lbs. Exercise 7 days a week. Never drink soda again. Start and finish school. You get the idea, they were always unrealistic and I honestly can't remember a year where I actually accomplished what I set out to do in January. This year is going to be different. I am so excited for a fresh start, a blank slate, and a new beginning. I have been thinking for a while about what goals I wanted to set this year. I thought about so many different things I wanted to accomplish. But, I kept going back to thinking about what is most important. What is really going to help me become a better person? A better mother? A better friend?

After thinking about it for a while I kept coming back to "self love" and how important it is. I thought about how we need a strong foundation to face the big things in life. If we aren't grounded in ourselves then how can we truly put our best foot forward? Self love is kind of a big deal. So in order to work on self love I have come up with 12 smaller goals, one for each month.

1. January: Plan a vacation for 2018. Whether it's a weekend at the beach or maybe a trip to somewhere I've never been. Plan all the details.
2. February: Focus on love. Love more! It's so easy to let hate, anger, or jealously become the driving force behind our decisions, the words we say, or the mood we are in. 
3. March: Make a budget and a plan to get out of debt. 
4. April: Write down an affirmation to focus on for the month
5. May: Have professional pictures taken of Kenedee and I. I have been so scared of having pictures taken. I worry about the way I look, my weight, and so much more. This past year I realized I didn't have many pictures of Kenedee and I. I have 1,000s of pictures of her, but I want her to have pictures of us together. Our birthdays are both in May so what better way to celebrate than taking pictures together!
6. June: Go outside more
7. July: Try something new
8. August: Smile more. Stop focusing on the negativity and focus on the positive things in life! 
9. September: Plan a mother daughter date. Focus on my roll as a mama and work on my relationship with K.
10. October: Do one thing that scares me
11. November: Write down daily one thing that I am grateful for
12. December: Make a photo book of all the memories of 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment