Dear friends, family, and co-workers,
I want to start out by saying thank you. Thank you for everything. Thank you for letting me cry, complain, vent, scream, and cry some more. Thank you for letting me call in sick and not asking questions. Thank you for helping me fix my mistakes and being patient with me. Thank you for not taking it personally when I came to work in an ill mood or in tears. Thank you for letting me ask you for advice, sometimes multiple times a day. Thank you for watching my daughter, many times it's short notice and many times for free. Thank you for having my back, literally. For protecting me physically and emotionally. Thank you for checking up on me. Thank you for never giving up on me, especially on the days where I was ready to give up on myself.
Next, I want to apologize. I’m sorry for phone calls I never answered or the text messages I read and never replied to. I am sorry for the dinners, birthdays, holidays, and parties I missed out on. I am sorry for the times you were struggling and you came to me for help or comfort and I was barely hanging on myself that I was unable to comfort you. I am sorry for the times I yelled or snapped at you. Please know that it probably had nothing to do with you and I'm sorry for taking my frustrations out on you. I am sorry for being unreliable. I'm sorry for forgetting to ask you "how's your day?"
Most importantly thank you for standing by my side. Many times I have been held up by your strength and sometimes you've even carried me through some of my darkest days. Thank you for being my tribe. Thank you for being mine and Kenedee's village.
Sincerely,
Rach
You’re welcome.
ReplyDelete