Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Esther: bravery is faith and courage

 

    This week I started a new journey. For the past 10 years of my life I have been a paramedic. It has been the hardest job I have ever done. This job has stretched me and pushed me beyond my limits. I remember when I was a new employee 10 years ago, I was terrified. I never thought I would be comfortable enough to run a CPR on my own or make treatment decisions by myself. However, 10 years later I have learned to love every moment of it. I have watched myself grow and become more comfortable in situations that I used to think were terrifying.

    Now, I am starting a new journey and once again I am the new employee. July 25th I officially started my first day in my career as a nurse. This has been a long and hard journey. There were so many times that I didn't think it would happen. School has never come easy for me and life events delayed the dream even longer. 

    This past week in Sunday school we are studying Esther. When I turned to that chapter for this week I just felt this overwhelming peace and gratitude. I have always loved the story of Esther. I have read her story countless times during my life. Many times when I wanted to read the scriptures I would feel unsure of where to start. The Book of Esther is short, so many times I would just read her story. 

    Esther had such faith and courage. She put her life on the line for her beliefs. I know that I am not putting my life on the line, but her example gives me courage and faith that God will be by my side as I face the unknown. I am not very good with change. I like schedules, checklists, to do lists, planners, calendars, and itineraries. Starting a new job just throws all of that out the window. But, just as God guided Esther, I know that God will lead me through my trials. I know that His plan is better and bigger than anything I could dream for myself.


Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, 

and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day;

 I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, 

which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.

Esther 4:16

No comments:

Post a Comment