di•vorce
a separation between things that were or ought to be connected
a legal decree dissolving a marriage
Divorce is such an ugly word. I feel like it stings when people utter the word. With it comes so many questions, rumors, lies, and so much more. Who cheated on who? Why didn't they try hard enough? Is he gay? Is she? Why aren't they staying together for the kids? Why did they even get married? I thought your church didn't believe in divorce? Does he beat her? Does she beat him? Are you going to get married again? Are you going to have more children?
All of these questions hold so much weight. But I have come to find out something very true about these questions, and the millions of other questions..........they aren't anyone's business! A marriage is between TWO individuals. I don't recall promising my ex-husbands co-workers that I would always be there for them and share every detail of my life with them when we got married. No, I made promises and commitments to my husband. So the details of why a marriage is ending should stay between those two individuals. One of my best friends said that there are always three sides of the story; his side, her side, and the truth. This past year I have learned how completely true that is. Unfortunately along the way the truth becomes lost in the middle somewhere because of overcrowding from "his side" and "her side."
No comments:
Post a Comment